A few years ago, I received a shiny, bluish, greenish, shell-like pendant from my Aunt Angela. I loved the pendant and wore it regularly, even before I had my ears pierced. But once my ears were pierced, I needed earrings to match it. I had nothing of the sort, so I had to resort to small silver hoops, which really didn't complement the pendant at all. For a good six months, I wore my awesome necklace without awesome earrings.
For Christmas this year, my Aunt Pat bought me earrings that matched. I was so excited. I could wear the necklace and earrings with almost anything. And I did. For three months I wore my awesome pendant and my awesome earrings several times a week. Then, tragedy struck.
I had forgotten to wear backings on my awesome earrings, and I had this feeling that I would probably lose one. Loving my earrings and wanting to be a little stylish, I decided I woudl take the risk and wear them without backings. To my dismay, I lost one earring at an Irving gas station. When I finally realized it was gone, I was too late. I almost cried.
Sure, I still have one awesome earring and an awesome pendant, but now the single earring is useless. Two earrings are like life-long partners; one is a widow. I keep my widowed earring with the secret hope that I will one day return to that Iriving and see the bluish, greenish, shiny, shell-like earring waiting for me so I may reunite the separated pair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment