Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tree

A few days ago, some friends and I went down to the park and walked around through nature. These are my climbing friends. The friends who see a tree or a rock wall or a telephone pole and are drawn by some mystical magical force to climb to the top.

After climbing a few rock walls and shimmying up some poles, we all spotted a tree. The leaves were so bright yellow, it was if the sun had taken up residence within its branches. Immediately the boys new we HAD to climb that tree, and not just the three of them, no all three girls had to join.

Kyle, Devon and Dylan got up, no problem. Then Danielle, Danielle and I timidly climbed up onto the lower branches. I was worried that the tree might break, or just die under our weight. It must have been a funny thing to see, all of us up in the sunshine-tree, but we just enjoyed the moment.

As we were getting down, I said that I thought the tree was probably relieved to have a break from all our weight. Dylan corrected me and said that the tree was honored to have had all of us in it because trees are made for climbing.

I'm not sure what all of that means, but I realized a few days ago that I only write about things that upset me, so this time I decided to write about a moment I really WANT to remember... And then there are stars, but maybe I'll write about them a different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment